Friday, December 3, 2010

"For Colored Girls"

I believe Tyler Perry has a great mind and creates amazing, funny films. I had a chance to watch his lasted film "For Colored Girls" over the Thanksgiving holiday. I went by myself because i didn't have a date at the, but I feel like I was able to pay more attention to the movie since I was alone.In the movie I feel like Tyler Perry took every colored woman's individual/problem they went through and showed how it brought them down, then with the caring love and friendship of woman who have similar problems or just problems of their own brought them back up. I could honestly feel their feelings coming through the movie. To me the film was a strong message sent out to all colored youth, adult, and elder woman to let them know they aren't alone. A lot of our colored sisters go through hard times everyday, and feel like they have no one to turn to or to ask for help from. The message was to let them know that even though we are all different, your not the only one going through a tough time, your case maybe different; but a problem is a problem and its all the same. You can always turn to your fellow sister for help. The film also showed me their is more to colored women then just color, hips, body, smiles and style. But along with that comes strength and pride and no matter how hard their struggle is, you can never count them out. The film hit on touchy topics/issues and brought them to light, things that are only talked about in secret. The issues that where covered actually do happen, and whether  we speak about them in the dark or the light, they need to be addressed. Overall I enjoyed the movie and appreciate the amount of respect the movie has brought our colored women, a respect that is long over due.

No comments:

Post a Comment